JOBS & VOLUNTEERING
TRESOC is seeking a new Financial Director to help with our financial affairs. We are looking for someone who is passionate about renewable energy, would like to be involved in a local organisation working to expand renewables in South Devon, and has comprehensive financial experience (10 years experience minimum). This position is voluntary and will equate to approximately 4/5 hours per month.
The FD is responsible for the following:
- Maintaining both the day-today and strategic overview of our finances
- Advising on our financial and business strategy
- Preparing and disclosing our annual accounts
- Presenting accounts at the AGM
- Attending board meetings (max one evening a month)
We are seeking someone who:
- Has an understanding of the legal duties and responsibilities of a Finance Director
- Has the ability to translate financial information into everyday language
- Is an independent thinker with good judgment and analytical skills
- Has a commitment and willingness to work in accordance with our principles and values
- Has some experience of not-for-profit or voluntary sector accounts (preferable but not essential)
As a local sustainable community energy company we have a portfolio of renewable energy projects stretching from Plymouth to Exeter, our most recent project being Totnes Weir. We’ve launched three successful community share offers and have over 550 members.
In 2015, TRESOC was awarded RegenSW’s ‘South West Green Energy Award for the Best Community Initiative’ for the Shine Project. Working with South Devon Rural Housing Association (SDRHA), TRESOC installed solar PV on 42 properties, which means cheaper fuel bills and greater energy independence for residents.
We are currently developing 300 kW of new solar projects, a 100kW hydro electric power plant at Staverton Leat and a 130kW Anaerobic Digester at Old Parsonage Farm, Dartington. In 2017 we received two RCEF grants for £19k & £18K to progress the Hydro and AD projects and are working in close partnership with the Dartington Estate. In 2018 TRESOC was awarded a £10k grant by the Co-ops share booster programme to enable the society to move to a permanently open share offer. This is an innovation supported by Co-ops UK to strengthen community shares. The open share-offer is currently under preparation and set to launch in 2019.
TRESOC also runs the Renewable Energy Experiential Learning (REEL) programme, a free education programme for local primary schools.
Please email your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org