2010, 2011 & 2014 Share Issues
2014 Share Issue
Our Share Issue closed on March 4, 2015 at our AGM. We raised £258,000 and work has begun on the SHINE project, solar PV on the roofs of 77 South Devon Rural Housing Association homes.
Tresoc investors will know from our Prospectus that the Society was looking to raise £500,000 to £1,500,000 to fund a portfolio of hydro and solar projects. We raised some £258,000, which is no small sum, but the income from this level of investment is not enough to cover our annual operating costs (admin, insurance, accountancy etc) even without paying directors. However, we are finalising a loan agreement with Charity Bank for a facility that would allow us to fund our projects and establish Tresoc as a viable business. Please see Charity Bank’s website
Many thanks to everyone who invested. Onwards and upwards! Please call us 01803 867431 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to discuss this or any other aspect of Tresoc.
Previous Share Issues
We have had two successful share offers, in 2010 and 2011, to develop Totnes Community Wind Farm and opportunities in solar PV. We raised £170,000 and increased our membership to just over 500 individuals and companies from the South Hams region.
Why become a Member?
There are many different reasons why people join TRESOC. It may be that
• You want to be part of something positive for the good of the community. You’ll be able to look at the TRESOC Hydro schemes and Solar arrays in your area and know you own a part of them, are earning an income from them, and have helped make them happen.
• You recognise the value of a community energy company in building a resilient, thriving local economy, creating jobs and keeping money circulating locally.
• You want to see as much of our energy coming from renewables in the fight against climate change, to enhance our energy security and as an alternative to fracking
• You want an ethical, secure place to invest with a long term, steady income backed by government guarantee
• You like using roof-mounted solar in preference to agricultural land, and the win-win for clean energy and ecology on the hydro schemes
• You appreciate the tremendous efforts of the professional TRESOC team (not to blow our own trumpets here!!) in presenting these consented projects ready to go as soon as the investment comes in.
If you would like to take part and help finance the projects, here’s how to do it:
Become a member of TRESOC invest via our next community share offer and become entitled to a share of profits through an interest payment. Existing members – buy more shares!