TRESOC has 500 members. People have become members through their investment at both the minimum (£20) and the maximum (£20,000) levels, and for a variety of reasons:
- to signal that they feel there’s another way for our community to meet it’s energy needs
- to make a contribution that could result in financial benefit
- to make a contribution that could result in social benefit
- to make a contribution that would result in environmental benefit
- all of the above!
Members demonstrate their support in different ways; for many, the investment is as much as time allows them to contribute. And that’s just fine! But we also have a group of ‘core members’ who actively participate, by:
- writing letters to the press
- meeting with our MP
- attending our AGMs, events, council meetings
- hosting discussion groups in their homes
- offering to give presentations, on climate change, for example
- volunteering to distribute leaflets or help out when necessary
- making banners and making their voices heard
- writing project support letters to councillors
- offering financial assistance
This support makes all the difference to us, and we would like nothing more than to work alongside thousands of people in our community engaging at this level.
Would you be a TRESOC Ambassador? Let us know.